Sunday, May 31, 2009

Events from the week

We had a fun week. Last Sunday Don & I took my Mom & Dad's trailer to Levan & on the way home (Memorial Day) Don & I went Mountain Biking at Gooseberry Mesa. Sorry no pictures to show just a big bruise on my behind. I hadn't been biking for a while other than pulling the boys around in the bike trailer so it was fun to get out again.
Friday morning I took the boys up to the water park in Moapa to get wet. They were a little timid at first but got the hang of it. I think they were a little cold because they would hold their hands on their belly/chest. We had the entire park to ourselves.
Our ward had a service project at the church property in the Delamar Valley area. We headed up Friday night, camped, & then they all built a fence Sat. morning. Yes, that is right. I went camping. (The trip was all done in less than 24 hours, maybe that is why I decided to go.)I know that is a weird thing to hear since I hate camping. I just felt like we needed to go. So, it was as miserable a night as you could expect but we had a fun time. Don & Hans slept in the bed of the truck, froze & got a little sprinkled on. The good thing is they didn't know they got rained on until I told them. Knox & I slept in the cab or at least tried to. He thought it was hilarious that Don & Hans were in the back of the truck. Knox eventually fell asleep & I might have got an hour or two but we froze too. It was fun for the boys to play in the dirt but for some reason Knox just wanted to play in the truck. Sat. morning we went on a long hike to find the fence builders. We walked down a long road, went through a few washes where we found lady bugs & played in the dirt, saw deer tracks & Knox decided to see what it felt like to grab a barbed wire fence (didn't even cry). I was proud of the boys for making the long hike, even though I had to carry/pull them the last part into the campground. We even got to see a desert tortoise on the way home. Even though we had a fun time overall I am still glad that for the 2 reunions we are going to this summer we are staying indoors.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You went?!
I didn't think you were going to go. Now I feel a little bad. I would've rather gone to the service project than clean up Allie's puke!