Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Turkey Tri

Here we are, the Logandale Ladies triathlon team.
Me, Linnet, & Brittany before the race.
The beautiful scenery where we were.
Brittany & her fan club as we waited for the finish.

Linnet sprinting the finish.
Our team did really well. I had a lot of fun. Thanks girls!
It was so good to have a goal to work towards.
Here are a few more pictures from the event. I decided not to show the pictures of me awkwardly trying to run my bike through the transitions. My bad ankle still doesn't quite do the motion it needs to run. I shouldn't cry though because Linnet did the whole run with a bad foot. Michele is so awesome & did the tri by herself. (She is a regular triathlete.) A couple of her kids did it too. The Booths were there in large numbers to support and I am not just referring to Kelly's 60th birthday party. (haha) In the pictures below you can see Ulma with Kaitlyn also Tosha, Jennifer, & Michele. There is kind of a "where is waldo" picture at the finish line if you can find me Linnet & Brittany walking around.
So fun! Being there makes a person want to do the tri by themselves. Kind of.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

OH I'm so bad!! I forgot to ask you about that. I'm glad you posted about it. And I'm glad you did good!!
We're excited to watch the boys today. See you in a little bit!

Vicki said...

Good job girls! You are very inspiring!

Jill Greig said...

You guys are awesome, it looks like it was lots of fun, you will have to tell me more about it sometime.

The Wheelers said...

Wow! Total hard girls! Nice work.