Thursday, June 10, 2010

36 Years

36 years.  No its not my birthday.  I am not that old.  36 is how many years my Dad taught school & now he is officially retired.  36 years of teaching & most of them coaching too.  I might be biased but the community has been lucky to have a person like him to teach & coach their kids.  Congratulations Dad!  Talk about enduring to the end.
I really wished I had some of those old pictures where he had a mustache & oh ya, hair!!!  Someday I will need to scan them into the computer.  For now this is my slide show of, my Dad!
This is birthday #???? doing one of the things he does best, eat.  Yes that is me in the background trying to hold my cookies because I was pregnant with Knox & really sick.
Christmas of 04.  Dad always has a shirt with a funny saying.  He wore one to his retirement party that said something like "I used up all my sick days so I had to call in dead".
Dad & his sister Cathy.
Dad & Bri. taking a snooze.  Another thing the Jones' do best.
Dad loves the grandkids!  And they love him! Hans & Gpa.
Now we are going to miss Dad (OK Mom too) as they go to Armenia to serve a mission for 18 months.
18 days & counting until the MTC for 2 weeks then after a 35 hour trip they will finally be in Yerevan.

The End!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Wow, I can't believe he taught for 36 years! I have good memories of him teaching!

I am SO excited they are going on a mission! Congrats to them! Keep us update on them!

hillari said...

Your dad is really awesome! I don't think I could ever forget having him as a volleyball, basketball, and track coach. My dad is right there with him in years, I think. Anyway, congrats to him on his retirement, and to both your parents on their mission! How exciting.