Friday, December 30, 2011

Ward Party

This year's ward party was interesting.  It was planned very nice with a cute theme that went with Whooville (spelling?), the food was good & the program was the perfect length.
The strange things were that when Santa walked in the primary room (which was double booked with another meeting so they had to last minute move Santa & the decorations & the tables of crafts for the kids) there weren't many kids yet & no one made a peep.  Not even Santa.  Maybe he was waiting for the kids' reaction to do a Ho Ho Ho? None of the kids went running to a line to sit on his lap either so I had my boys go right up there.  I didn't want Santa to feel bad no one was coming. 
Knox talked Santa's ear off for a while......
then Hans quietly sat there & I think said a few things......
 
but I wasn't going to torture Rennlie & have her sit on Santa's lap so I don't have any famous crying pictures for her posterity.  It all went down kind of awkwardly so we just headed to the food.  More weird things:  I didn't have a car (Durango was in the shop) so Emily & Dillon gave us a ride because Don was working (plus too sick to come anyway).  Don was able to pick us up afterward to come home so that was good.  In the middle of waiting to eat (45 minutes, should have fed the kids before we went) I questioned why I wanted to be there with 3 kids alone, trying to entertain the 2 starving ones while the other one's bedtime had arrived.  Thank goodness they announced the primary kids were singing because I was ready to get out of there but the boys really wanted to sing so we stayed.  And it was a lovely program & both boys sang their hearts out to Christmas Bells from the children's songbook so I'm glad we stayed.  It was a great party but just a weird evening for me for some reason. 

No comments: