Thursday, March 8, 2012

St. Thomas, NV & the pioneer trek

Last weekend our Stake Youth Conference & the St. Thomas Alive celebration happened.
We (Mom, Brandon, Lacey, Taytum, Rennlie & I) drove down to the lake to see the celebration & catch up with the handcart trek pioneers.
Lacey, Brandon, Taytum, Mom
 
Walking down main street.  We had a map that showed the homes & buildings & who owned them.  A lot of work went into this event & it was really neat.  I think they figured about 1500 people attended.
Scott, Grandma & Grandpa Whitney, & Jessica at the booth our family had.   

Some of what was at the booth.....
 

At the school house foundation they had plays, music & other things depicting the early settlers of the area.

Don, Brandon, Taytum & Lacey.

Rennlie was in her regular position in the bike trailer.
 

We missed the handcart companies as they came into St Thomas.  These are pictures from a friend.  They started at the Stake Center the day before & made it to St. Thomas.  There was a lot of historical plays & vignettes along the way to teach the kids, along with a speaker Sat. morning.



This is my pioneer costume I made to go but didn't get too.  Hans had strep throat so I waited for him not to be contagious then left him with Aunt Brianne & went to the celebration.  The pioneers had a very cold night so I was glad & sad I didn't end up getting to go. 

No comments: