Monday, November 26, 2012

The Tree Hunt

Saturday morning the Huebners headed home & the rest of us went tree hunting. Don & Knox scouted out our tree hunting place a few weeks in advance.
The boys' legs thru Dad's truck's back window. Robert was behind them holding on.
 
They found a nice little tree to put in their room.
 
Gpa cut it down.
 

 
Robert spotted the tree we got for our house. Don & I had to check it out to see if it would fit. I think it is the winner for our biggest tree ever. After we trimmed & cut a little off, put lights on & decorated it we measured 12 ft high & 9 ft across at the bottom. Maybe it was just 11 ft.
 
Don started sawing and after a little while it was bagged (tarped) and ready to go.
 
 
Hans was a good helper. I'm not sure who gave him the blade.
 
More helpers.....
 
 
Brandon & Dad putting Brandon's tree in. I don't think the tree worked out. When I saw it laying in his front yard it looked like someone had jumped on it. Maybe he did because they couldn't get it to stand up in their stand. Stubborn tree!
 
 
We had a picnic at Our Place on the way home.

Hans said it was the best place ever & wants to come back. He is on the branch on the right, in the shadow.

Closer up.

Taytum & Rennlie were good little travelers. As soon as we left the mountain they both fell right asleep.
Brandon is trying to talk Taytum into the truck.

Hans finally came down. I was a little relieved.
What a fun day!

No comments: