Friday, May 24, 2013

Magnesite

We took a fun trip to the Magnesite caves. We haven't been there since Knox was just little & had to be carried. The caves are neat to explore. You can't go too far in them so it is just enough for me. I guess a ward had an activity in them once & painted all the walls white (there is a ton of graffiti) and put carpet down, they all wore fancy clothes and had dinner. Sounds like a lot of work but I bet it was neat.
 
 
 
Renn wanted to climb where the boys did. Unfortunately I didn't realize how much climbing they would be doing & they only had their Crocs on.  Next time tennis shoes.
 
 
 
 
There is a neat little spring that runs through the bottom of the wash. I guess its a wash. Knox was checking out the guppies.
 
 
The boys hiked up to the higher cave that is full of water.
 
 
Renn & I stayed at the bottom.
 
She wished she was with them.
 
Knox got a little close to the edge & slid right in the water. He remembered from last summer's swim lessons how to stay afloat. He just panicked & forgot how to swim forward. So Don had to jump in & help him to the side. It was exciting for a little while!
 

No comments: