Thursday, August 12, 2010

Boulder 2010

The traditional first day of Boulder photo in front of the Circleville church.  Yes it looks just like all the other years but a few different people, jerseys & bikes.  This was Pres. Bledsoe's 23rd trip.  It was only Don's 8th.  It would be fun to know how many times everyone else has been going too.  The youngest rider ever went this year.  It was Brian & Lisa's boy Sam who is 14.  They also had Jake with them. Arta was the only girl this year & she actually had all 3 of her boys riding at some point during the trip.  Paul & Racqual's son Kyler came & the Bledsoes son Daniel joined too.  (Hope I got everyone's names right) We had as many as 14 riders & as few as 12 I think.
The weather was pretty rainy this year.  The first day they had hail & rain going over the hill by Fish Lake into Loa.  The Second day there were storms in the afternoon before Escalante with lots of lightening and maybe a sprinkle? The last day it almost rained the entire day from Escalante almost to Antimony.  We tried to dry bike clothes on the vents in the truck so Don & Troy had a change of rain gear didn't freeze.  At some point it probably didn't matter too much. It was just cold. 
This picture is when they left the rest stop at the top of the hill before gong down into Henrieville. (sp?)
Inside the truck was pretty warm though.  Especially when trying to dry out the rain gear.
These were my passengers that took care of me.  Brooke & Kate.  Kate was so good.  She is so funny to be around & had a following of teenage boys by the time the trip was over.
Here is my photo with Kate on the top of Boulder Mountain.  Well, the look out just below the summit.
We had a fun trip and everyone was safe for the most part.  Instead of taking Hwy 89 through Panguitch back to Circleville we went North through Antimony & back tracked a few miles.  It was a lot safer!  Hardly any cars & a beautiful drive.  The only bad part is I couldn't go to the quilt store in Panguitch but thats ok.
So while we were gone Hans & Knox got to stay with Grandma Whipple & Emily & Bryce.  They had a good time.  Grandma took them & 4 of their cousins to Mc D's.  She is brave.  I am so thankful for the babysitters!  I was still sick some of the trip but it was worth my sanity to get out of the house.  It had been about 3-4 months since I could go anywhere.
Here is front row:  Monique, Clay, Hans, Knox
Back: Colton & Skyler

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I think the quilt shop is closed now...I was there summer '09...but I had an e-mail from the owner, and she only does traveling shows now...sad, huh?

Raegan said...

Oh that is sad. I was there last summer too. Bummer!

Jill Greig said...

I want to see more boulder pictures!! I am doing it next year for sure. I am glad you guys had fun and you finally got to get out.