Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just a few random things.....

I thought I would start out with a Thanksgiving picture since I am ending with a Christmasy one. (before Dec.1st)
This might look like I am showing my cute gobble plate & pumpkin but if you look closely you can see a pile of firewood.  That is right, firewood.  The boys have been so excited about using the fireplace this year.  Probably because we didn't use it last year. They know we don't have any firewood of our own so they have been looking for some.  Well they found some.  The other night they kept telling me about firewood they found & it wasn't until I saw the fireplace later that realized they had actually gathered a pile & put it on the fire place.  I think it is part of a tumbleweed. 
Hans' preschool class went on a field trip this week & they visited the Dam along the way.  He has gone there several times with his Dad & with Emily so it was fun to get a picture of it.
This is a wall hanging I finished a little while ago.  I made it for myself.  Mostly because it was an experiment & I didn't know if it would work out so I didn't want to feel pressure & just enjoy making it.  I used a different fabric charm pack than the instructions said (Figgy Pudding rather than Makin' New Friends both for Moda) so I wasn't sure the wreath would stand out but it turned out a lot better than I thought it would.  I even got brave & quilted it myself on my machine.
Knox is my helper in these pictures.  You can even see his little nugget toes in the picture of the back.

1 comment:

SheriDawn said...

LOL I love the firewood! Cute wall hanging!