Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Throw

This is my latest project, a Christmas throw. The fabric is 12 days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda.  I was originally going to make a wall hanging but changed my mind at the last minute.  For the pattern I just did what I think is called a tumbler pattern with charm squares & added a border.  I saw it somewhere once.  I also machine quilted "in the ditch" & I was happy how it turned out.  The backing is minky so a lot could go wrong. So I guess you could say I am branching out & my quilting projects are getting bigger.
These are my 2 helpers modeling the quilt.  They actually are a lot of help because I lay my design out on the floor of the sewing room & they pick up the pieces & bring to me at the sewing machine so I don't have to keep getting up. It is wonderful!
 A little closer view....
 The warm cozy minky backing....
Only 1 & 1/2 more projects I want to finish before no name baby arrives.  I have about 5 weeks so I hope I make it!  (She better not come early.)

4 comments:

Margie said...

I love your quilt. Cute models too. Hope all goes well with your new baby. I'm excited for your family.

Lauren said...

Oh! That turned out so great!! Love it :)

Sherri said...

What a great quilt--these are some of my favorite Christmas fabrics ever! The Minkee on the back is perfect, too!

Jill Greig said...

Oooh I love it! You are awesome. I can't believe you only have five weeks left. I can't wait to see her!