Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The moment we have all been waiting for...

THE WORM FACTORY 360.....sixty, sixty, sixty....

Grandpa Jones shipped us a worm farm. We are going to make some compost!
The factory and the worms came separate so we got the factory ready with the bedding & waited for the worms to come today.  In the picture you see the factory (terra cotta in color) with the 1 working tray.  Then you see the box with holes (if you look closely) all over that the worms were mailed in.

I was a little nervous as I opened the box but found a secured bag.  Then I was really nervous as I cut the zip tie on the bag. (Knox of course with a funny face.)
 
Can you say 1 pound of Red Wigglers? Yes that would be about 1,000 worms packed in some nice coir.

It was one giant mass of tangled worms so entwined that I couldn't break it up without well, breaking the worms. Eww. So I didn't.
Of course the boys needed to hold them.

Only one mishap.

Hans' turn.

Our audience.

When Rennlie woke up from her nap later I was talking to her in the kitchen (where the worms are for now) and Knox thinking Rennlie was still asleep yells from the toy room "Mom, are you talking to the worms?"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: