I'm not even sure how to do this post. I'm not even sure what to say. Some people I know like to read the ending of a book first & then start at the beginning so maybe that is how I will tell my story. So it ends like this: Me, standing in a bathroom stall at church with my foot & brand new first time I wore it shoe covered in pee. That's right. Pee. And it wasn't mine!
So from the beginning. Sunday we were seated in our row at church and Ward Conference was supposed to start in about 1 minute when Knox says his belly hurts. I asked him why & he said he needed to go to the bathroom. In a panic I turned around and asked our cousin/friend (Dustin) to watch my other 2 kids & hurried to the bathroom. I was just about to "line" the toilet (yes I am paranoid that way) when Knox yelled its coming! So I hurried & sat him on the seat & he did his job. A minute later I felt something on my foot & looked down & there were a few drops of pee on my shoe & foot. No nylons. There were other little girls in the bathroom so I tried to quietly yell at him to watch what he was doing & push himself down, if you will. So I cleaned up my foot & shoe & asked if he was done. Nope he said more was coming. So I started looking around thinking that would give him a little privacy when my entire foot felt really warm. I looked down this time to see my shoe & foot covered in pee. I must have scared him into stopping the first time & then he decided to finish emptying the tank. (He often tells me his tank is empty when he can't pee.)
It took me a moment to speak. What was there to say? I wasn't even sure what to do. I kept thinking "Did this really just happen?". So luckily at this point no one else was in the bathroom & I hopped out of the stall to the sink, and as gracefully as I could in a dress, rinsed my shoe & my foot in the sink and then dried them off. Knox was done by then & we got all cleaned up. I paused a second before we walked out the door wondering if anyone would notice my one wet shoe. Luckily no one did. My shoes are still sitting by my back door as I ponder their future. I guess I will need to start keeping an extra pair of shoes in my Durango now.
2 comments:
that just made my day, I was laughing so hard!
Ditto to what Jill said, thanks for making my day! At least I know I'm not the only person that occasionally goes crazy :)
Post a Comment