Ok, so I decided to try quilting. I took a block of the month class once from my Mom but only made about 8 blocks & was too sick being pregnant with Knox to finish. I have always wanted to keep sewing so a couple of years ago Don got me a sewing machine for my birthday so now I am getting to try it out. It is a Bernina he bought from my Aunt & I love it. A million times better than what I had. So, I saw a tutorial on Sherrie's blog http://www.aquiltinglife.blogspot.com & it inspired me to get to work. (Her blog is really neat) This isn't the exact table topper from the tutorial (I'll make that next) but she had made this one too. I used a Moda charm pack called Twiggy. I think I will use this for the Whitney Family Reunion Auction. You probably can't see it but I used 2 pieces of ric rac for the trim. I could only find the wine color that I wanted in a 3mm size. Very tiny. So I decided to still use it but put it on top of a bigger chocolate brown piece.
So, since I have the sewing machine out & running I decided to try crayon cozies. Lauren had a link on her blog http://www.nelsonfam5.blogspot.com to a tutorial & when I saw Allie's at church I just had to try it. I made one for Kate & then for my boys. When I bought the material I thought I could do a couple of extra for birthday presents then I thought the boys needed different material so I ended up with a little more fabric then I had planned & now I can make about 14. It has been fun making them but after I have completed 5 I need a break. I think if you click on the collage below you can see it a little closer.
I hope the links I did work. (Don't judge my blogging skills!)
4 comments:
Hi Raegan...your table topper and the crayon holders look great!!! I hadn't seen that Twiggy fabric yet...it looks great as well! Have a super day!
Oh my goodness!!! Your's look so much better than mine!
Good job Raegan. I also have a Bernina and LOOOOVE it!
Those are so cute! I love that table topper and I have been planning on making the crayon cozies too after I saw them on Laurens blog.....someday...
Hey, good job!! Very impressive!
Post a Comment