Thursday, July 9, 2009

Swim class highlights.....

This was Hans the first day of class mentally preparing to do his thing. Allie had actually been right next to him but I wasn't fast enough with the camera.
The class got off to a rocky start. Almost the first 3 days they couldn't get in the water because of the chlorine levels. Nice. So after all that got worked out & the disappointed 3 year olds came back with their hopes up high yet another day they were able to get wet. Hurray! Because that is what you do in swim class right?
By the last day of class Hans was going off the diving board. Knox would have been right with him but I had to hold him back.
Hans wasn't so willing to do anything though. He is afraid of going under water because it hurts his eyes. Maybe I should have prepared him a little better by going swimming before the first day of class but I didn't. So, there were about 3 days when the guards would just pull him (& other hesitant kids) under water, OK, dunk him, & he freaked out & was done for the day. Luckily it was toward the end of class each time. I think if they would have at least said OK, close your eyes really tight & hold your breath he could of handled it better but oh well. They were nice girls.


Overall Hans loved his class. He made some new little friends & of course loved having Allie in his class too.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Looking back I'm glad we did swimming lessons. It was a pain some days. But now we know! Plus it was worth it to get some cute pictures of Allie and Hans :)

Anonymous said...

Just experimenting with my comment... Cutest boys ever!