A few funnies from the boys (& other thoughts) that I have been saving up.......
Knox’s deep thoughts of the day:
“Mom, why is the sky blue?”
“Mom, my belly hurts. It has an owie. Don’t you want to come see it?” I said yes & walked over to him. Then he said “see it has a hole (pointing to his belly button) I need something to cover it up.” I told him just to use his shirt.
Knox- "Mom look a garbage truck & it’s going to garb!"
Knox- "No, I’m a weasel & I’m getting ready to weeze!"
I love watching the Tour de France with Hans. He is genuinely interested. I am trying to teach him all about the race & he actually knows how to find out how many kilometers until the finish line & how far the peloton is back from the lead group. He will shout out the km as the numbers change & so Knox usually shouts out a number too. His is usually different so Hans gets mad, tries to correct him & they get in an argument over kilometers. Part of his “training” is to learn about the jerseys & what the different types are & what they mean. So since the first week of the tour is all about the sprints we were first learning about the green jersey & I told Hans that the green jersey is for the sprinters, whoever is the fastest & gets the most points. I said that the sprinters are really really fast. He then said “Mom, it’s a bike race. They are all going fast.”
Another day we were watching Hans told me he wanted to race like that. He wanted to race in that race so I could see him on TV. I said OK. Then Hans said “do you think Chad is in that race?” (Chad is Don’s biking friend)
Hans also likes to pray about being “thankful it is the month before my birthday because I am so excited!”
As I tucked Hans into bed the other night he asked “Mom, when is Jesus going to come to the earth again?
The night we came home from telling my parents goodbye (they were leaving to the MTC in the morning) in Hans’ prayer he said “& thank you for this special day that the spirit was here”.
As we were driving the other day Knox said “A child of God came to earth, child of God came to earth.” He repeated it with several variations then said “Mom, where does a child of God work?” A few days later he referred to a picture of Jesus as a child of God so I wonder if that was who he was thinking about. He also said it was Jesus so he does know who he is.
When we were watching the fireworks for the 4th of July Knox yelled out “how are they squirting those things out?”
The boys have both been very sympathetic about my morning sickness. (That lasts all day) Knox always seems to have a belly ache or doesn’t feel good. They like to talk about their baby sister although we don’t yet know what we are having. Hans even prayed the other night “Thank you for Mom being sick & that we can have a new baby sister.” He says that is what we are having since we don’t have one yet. Knox wants to name it Brianne but Hans says there is already one in the world. Then Hans decided we could just name “her” California.
The boys have both been really good help for the most part. They can water plants. Hans can unload the dishwasher, Knox a little bit too. Hans can also do the laundry, sort & switch loads. I am so thankful.
We do know that we have been blessed. When Don has been away for church stuff we have always been able to make it through. Our burdens seem tolerable. The phrase “Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven” often goes through my mind.
8 comments:
Too cute! your boys are so smart! I am so happy for you and your baby! 1st tri is pretty much over!
cute! And good luck with that sister thing. We haven't figured that one out yet!
We watched the tour everymorning and on the rest days Ren would ask, "mom are we gonna watch the race?' She was really sad when it was over. I miss her cheering for Schleck. It was so cute sometimes she would mess up and say Shrek.
We missed you on the Seattle trip! We had so much fun. I love your notes on what your boys have said...Don must really talk Chad up. Hans must not know that his daddy can whoop Chad's tail any day of the week ;) Are you coming on Boulder? I don't even know for sure if we are or not, but I hope so!
Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope you feel better soon!
Your boys are so funny! I'm glad they are good helpers for you, if you need a bigger helper, let me know!! I'm just around the corner!
Thanks for sharing the boys activities with us. I miss those things that your Mom always told us. I had to look close to see the boys in the crate. How did they fit?
Post a Comment