It is about time I write down some of the things I have on sticky notes around the house. That would be the things Hans & Knox do & say. (This is long but worth reading to the bottom.)
My boys are constantly learning, discovering & exploring.
Hans loves to learn anything. He is very interested right now in direction, North, East, South, West. He even talks about SE or NW and he really knows where it is. Right now he is trying to figure out why down (like to the ground) doesn't have a compass direction. He loves his Dad's GPS in the truck. Since my vehicle doesn't have one he is always glad to be my navigator. ("In 3.2 miles, turn right." "Arriving at Me-ma destination", when we get to my Mom's house).
Hans is also very thoughtful about his prayers. Maybe he thinks too much though & goes on too long but the one night he got right to the point. He said "Please bless everything, & everything else" and that was it. Another one of my favorites included this "Thank you for the Holy Ghost, thank you for determination and thank you for Christmas. Almost every prayer includes "Thank you for the toys that Santa gave us".
Knox has been fixated on the balloon he let go of outside the other day. Hans did the same thing before & they say that it has gone up to Bunkerville Mountain. All day long Knox wants to talk about why his balloon is on Bunkerville Mt.
I am not good at writing down all the things they do & say that crack me up all day long but I won't have to write this one down to remember..... I was getting a paper notarized yesterday & when we were done the lady asked Knox if he was "little Don". Knox pondered for a moment & said "I, I, I'm BIG!" We chuckled & said yes you are. End of conversation right? Nope. After a slight pause Knox decided to continue to share his vast amount of 2 year old knowledge & said "And my Mom doesn't have a penis". It took me a second to process what just happened then I just laughed and said "he is just figuring life out, you never know what is going to come out of his mouth". At this point the notary didn't say much, not even cracking a smile but then she said "I know I had 4 of them". Hhmmm. What are you really supposed to say to that I guess? Knox did ask me the other day if he could check my back to see if I had a penis. We already had a talk about what boys have and what girls have so I don't know why he wanted to check. Funny guy.
2 comments:
I about died laughing. I'm glad I'm not the only one left speechless by my kids!
Oh my goodness!! Too funny -- I love your boys. We need to come visit. Seems like forever since we had a play date!
Post a Comment