Friday, July 2, 2010

Warm Springs Fire

Since Warm Springs was a big part of growing up I thought I would document yesterday's fire since this all goes in our family journal. 
This is what used to be the Big House.
We were swimming in this pool last month with Brianne's friends from CA who have a palm tree farm.  They had heard about a palm that grows only here. They were pretty excited about checking it out. Glad they got the chance.
The saddest part is that all the missionary's apartments/homes were destroyed.  (& a house down the street) I am sure there was even more damage to people's property & things.  This is where the house was at the entrance.  Fire is so devastating!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Sooooo sooooo sad! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Oh and I like you new blog background. ;)

Vicki said...

Wow, what a bummer!

Lara said...

I am SOOO sad...I couldn't believe it when I heard it...